STAGING & DESIGN ASSISTANT
INTRO: Creative, dynamic, awards winning company in the design field, small tight-knit company culture, hands on experience, opportunities to grow.
Would you like to intern for a fun and growing Home Staging and Interior Design Company?
BA Staging & Interiors is a national awards winning Home Staging and Design company located in Bridgeport, CT. We specialize in assisting home sellers and builders to maximize their success when selling their real estate. We are a small, but growing team and our company culture is extremely important to us. We are a hard-working, fun-loving, dedicated and professional team that thrives on being our best every day. We enjoy our work, strive for perfection and expect nothing less of each other.
We are currently hiring a skilled, dynamic and ambitious Staging/Design Assistant. This role requires flexibility as responsibilities involve a large variety of services – from designing, pulling & packing inventory and installation of stagings, assisting with sourcing and developing design concepts for interior design projects, keeping the warehouse organized, and other responsibilities as assigned.
This Staging Assistant position is for someone who is a go getter, a multiple hat wearer, who is ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work and also has a natural eye for style. You are obsessed with design, rearranging furniture, HGTV, the hottest styles, Pinterest, Chip & Joanna Gaines (or alike). A Staging Assistant for BA should be thoughtful, creative, a strong team player, possesses an almost obsessive attention to detail and is the first to get in the mix to help the team.
This is a part-time position that plays a vital role in the daily operations of our company and must be TEAM focused. Staging / Design Assistants need to be able to lift at least 35 lbs on a frequent basis, be handy with basic tools and be able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
We expect someone who is punctual, detail focused, likes to problem solve, and brings their creative juices with them every day.
If you are ready for CREATIVE and HARD WORK to help grow an ambitious brand, we want to hear from YOU! If you are truly interested in this position, make sure to read all the way through this job posting and follow through with the application instructions.
You will be working closely with the CEO/Creative Director and other Staging & Design Assistant and will be involved in many aspects of the staging and design projects.
What You Will be Doing
- Pull accessories, artwork, lamps, pillows, bedding and greenery as directed by Lead Designer
- Properly pack inventory to avoid damage and/or breakage
- Assist team in loading and unloading vehicles
- Style properties as directed by Lead Designer including but not limited to furniture placement and maintenance, accessorizing, hanging artwork, steaming bedding, and hanging window treatments
- Make sure properties are left clean and locked up when complete
- Restock inventory when they arrive back in the warehouse
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse at all times including cleaning accessories, dusting shelves and vacuuming floor.
- Catalog new inventory into database (inventory system)
- Take room measurements and sketch floor plans and built-in or furniture concepts
- Assist lead designer with interior design projects researching/sourcing design products, creating creative design concepts, prepare mood-boards, drawing floor plans, determining right scale of furniture, etc.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- Great computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) – must be open to learn multiple internal computer systems and applications
- A great sense of modern styles, scale and innovation in design (furniture, art, accessories and all elements of design)
- Love to continuously educate yourself about new design and decorating trends
- Open to personal development
- Are creative with your designs
- Strong understanding of visual storytelling
- Great communication skills
- Have a pleasant and professional demeanor at all times with great attention to detail
- Respect and keep confidentiality on all business matters
- Must be open to physically demanding work – must be able to lift at least 35 pounds
- Must be handy with basic tools
- Flexible availability
- Ability to drive to shoot locations in personal car- must have a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable vehicle (mileage is reimbursable as per company policies)
- Some experience in working with modern, on-trend and fresh design styles and a variety of home sizes is a plus.
QUALITIES WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Positive Attitude
- Great Eye for design, scale, color
- Team Player
- Fast and Efficient
- Highly organized
- Interest in photography
- Experience in some design
- Temporary Part time $17-19 per hour depending on experience and skills – could turn into a permanent position
- Hours will vary greatly depending on the season, but will typically be 12-30 hours per week
- In person work
- Hours are flexible/vary and will depend on our project schedule
- Work Authorization in US required
- Open to drive to clients, job locations in personal car – must have valid drivers license, clean driving record and reliable vehicle (mileage is reimbursable as per company policies)
This is a fun and fulfilling position for someone who loves being creative in staging and/or interior design.
We absolutely love what we do, but we work very hard to get the job done and make sure that our clients are always happy!
OUR VALUES: Integrity, Honesty, Continuous Improvement, Quality, Service, Professionalism, Reliability, Organization, Accountability and Innovation
Are you ready to be creative, innovate and collaborate to help BA Staging & Interiors dominate and inspire the home staging/design industry?
Are you ready to be a member of a creative work family who strives to help our clients make money through high quality, on-trend designs and innovation?
We are looking to bring our new hire on board as quickly as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit in both abilities and culturally.
We are a thriving small business, whose mission is to make a difference in peoples’ lives with the services we provide. Integrity, high morals and trustworthiness are non-negotiable to becoming a member of our team.
Normal work hours are Monday through Friday 9am-5pm. Some projects may require time outside of these hours.
HOW TO APPLY:
As mentioned, this position requires you to be a detail-oriented person. In fact, just to prove that you are detail oriented, when you apply, email a cover letter, resume and any work samples that best display your level of ability and creativity to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “This position sounds perfect for me – Staging & Design Assistant May 2021”.
Yep, this is our little trick to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from those who are truly interested in this position and kept reading to the end. In your cover letter, also include a short paragraph why you would be perfect for the job. Send also 5-10 photos of the work YOU have done along with your resume.
While it is not required, we encourage you to also send a 2-3 minute video about who you are and why you want to be a Staging/Design Assistant on the BA Staging & Interiors team. This would be a GREAT addition to your application. 🙂